Global CE Day is a worldwide celebration recognising the important contributions of clinical engineers to healthcare and is celebrated on 21 October each year.
Last year the team behind the UK’s Global Clinical Engineering Day contribution won two top awards for highlighting the work of clinical engineers during the Covid-19 pandemic. We have taken a segment from that video to create a shorter version to promote Global CE Day this year, which you are free to download.
We will be writing a letter to all Chief Executives in hospital trusts which have a clinical engineering department urging them to visit their department and show their support.
One of the best and easiest ways of spreading the word is to get in touch with your Communications Department. They can help you with getting the message out on your intranet and internal / external channels. Here are a few tips of how to write something:
• Title – concise and to the point
• Teaser – a sentence that explains what the article is about
• Article text – maximum 250 words
• Images – all images should have relevant consent /copyright - why not use the Official LOGO (see above)
• Links and attachments – related documents / links - once ready you could link to the YouTube video (see above)
We have a number of leaflets, posters and career films which you can use on open days, careers visits and science fairs. These are free to order or download.
© Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
Registered in England and Wales (No. 3080332)
Registered Charity (No.1047999)